Continuing on in the 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me series, I realized I probably won’t go exactly in order. Some posts are longer and harder for me to write and in fear of becoming stagnant, I would prefer to keep writing other posts and go back. So, what are the 5 things that make you most happy right now? I’m glad you asked!
1. Juliette – duh. I know, I know. I’m a biased because she’s my daughter, but she is seriously the funniest, craziest little person I have ever met. I love her fake laugh – it just makes me think she must find herself hilarious. I love this cough thing she does when she is frustrated. I love how hard she tries to tell us things, and have conversations with us, but she speaks toddler and I really don’t understand it! I always think of this poem whenever she talks to me.
2. This Weather. I know that we are going through this second (or third maybe?) winter, but I love having the windows open, hearing life. It’s only cold really late at night/early in the morning but warms up significantly during the day. I always feel the outside calling to me, like I need to just go, and be outside. But there are a million and one excuses why I don’t. Of course.
3. This Blog. I’m just going to be honest. It’s the first thing I have felt passionate and committed to in a LONG time. I have been doing this for what, a week, but I constantly have ideas. If anything it fulfills that part of me that is desperate to journal, but I have no time or energy to write. And I really am looking forward to coming back to this in a year or so, and seeing where we were, and what we were overcoming and giving the future me a little hope, and a chance to see some progress in our life.
4. Being on leave from school. I am taking some time off school before/after my guy comes for obvious reasons, but being home in the afternoons with John and Juliette really makes me happy. I am more exhausted than I was before, and the house is more of a mess than it was before, but at least I get to see my girl to sleep every night and make sure she eats a big dinner so she will sleep well. And I don’t mind not having to stand and do hair for 5 hours a night 🙂
5. Blue Bell Ice Cream. I’m just going to put this in here so I can get the blog up, but since its been on sale at the grocery store it sure has made me happy. And started up my sugar craving again, which I mean that part sucks, but whatever. I enjoy a nice mug of ice cream in the evenings when we watch That 70’s Show or Dexter or some weird movie on Netflix.
Life is looking up right now and I’m really, really thankful for that. I am fighting so hard to keep that positivity for us because its so easy to be stressed and worried about how much we don’t have at the moment. But things are looking up, and maybe just cause its Friday.